- 4 cups unsweetened plant milk of your choice (1 liter), we used soy milk
- 1/4 cup maple or agave syrup (80 g)
- 2 tsp agar powder (4 g)
- 2 lemon peel strips (optional)
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped (optional)
For the blueberry compote:
- 1 cup frozen blueberries (230 g)
- 2 tbsp cane, coconut or brown sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- Add milk, syrup and agar powder to a saucepan and stir until well combined.
- Add vanilla seeds and bean to the mixture and also the lemon peel strips. Stir again.
- Bring to a boil and cook over medium-high heat for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove the vanilla bean and the lemon peel strips.
- Divide the mixture amongst 4 glasses and let it cool at room temperature first and then in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- To make the blueberry compote, add all the ingredients to a saucepan and cook over medium-high heat for 5 to 10 minutes or until it thickens. Stir occasionally. Let it cool at room temperature and then transfer to a sealed container.
- Top with some blueberry compote and chopped pistachios (optional) and serve.
- Keep panna cotta covered in the fridge for 4 to 5 days and the blueberry compote in a sealed container also in the fridge for 1 to 2 weeks.
- Feel free to use any sweetener or store-bought compote or jam.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 238
- Sugar: 31.8 g
- Sodium: 455 mg
- Fat: 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 41.6 g
- Fiber: 2.8 g
- Protein: 8.8 g