- 1 cup whole wheat flour (120 g)
- 2 tbsp brown, cane or coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup unsweetened plant milk of your choice (190 ml), I used soy milk
- 1 flax egg
- 1 tbsp oil (optional), I used melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl (flour, sugar, baking powder and salt).
- Add the liquid ingredients (milk, flax egg, oil and vanilla extract) to the bowl and stir until well combined. Let the batter stand for 5-10 minutes before using it.
- Place 1/4 cup of the batter (65 ml) in a lightly greased hot pan or griddle and cook for about 2 minutes for each side or until golden brown. When the underside is golden and bubbles begin to appear on the surface, it’s time to flip over onto the other side. If you don’t eat oil, don’t grease the pan or griddle, just use a non-stick one.
- Serve immediately with your favorite toppings (I added a sliced banana, cacao nibs and maple syrup). Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days.
- Serving Size: 1 pancake (with no toppings)
- Calories: 124
- Sugar: 3.6 g
- Sodium: 105 mg
- Fat: 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 20.2 g
- Fiber: 3.1 g
- Protein: 3.9 g