- Extra virgin olive oil to taste
- 5 oz firm tofu, thinly sliced and patted dry (140 g)
- 2.6 oz buckwheat noodles (75 g)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 onion, julienned
- 1/4 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 zucchini, spiralized
For the sauce:
- 3 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp water or vegetable broth
- 1/8 tsp cayenne powder
- For garnish: red cabbage sprouts, raw cashews (chopped), fresh cilantro and lime
- Heat some olive oil in a skillet and cook the tofu until golden brown on both sides, about 2 or 3 minutes each side.
- Cook the noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat some oil in a wok and when it’s hot, add the veggies and stir fry for 2 or 3 minutes until tender-crisp. Stir occasionally.
- Add the noodles and the sauce (you just need to blend all the ingredients in a bowl to make it), stir and cook for about 2 or 3 minutes more.
- Serve with the tofu, sprouts, cashews, cilantro and some lime juice on top.