- 2 small potatoes (150 g)
- 1/2 cup frozen broad beans (85 g)
- 1 cup romaine lettuce (50 g), chopped
- 6 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup vegan tuna (110 g)
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup Nicoise, Kalamata or black olives (45 g)
For the dressing:
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp lemon or lime juice
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Wash and chop the potatoes (we didn’t peel them) and steam or boil them until they’re tender (about 15 to 20 minutes).
- In the meanwhile, cook the broad beans according to package directions.
- To make the dressing, mix all the ingredients in a bowl until well combined.
- To assemble the salad, place the lettuce in a large serving bowl or plate and top with the rest of the ingredients (potatoes, broad beans, cherry tomatoes, vegan tuna, onion and olives). Serve with the dressing. You can also mix all the salad ingredients and the dressing in a large serving bowl or plate and serve immediately.
- Best when fresh, keep leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for 1 to 2 days (dressing separate from the salad).
- If you can’t find broad beans, use any other type of beans (green beans are also a great choice).
- Feel free to omit, substitute or add any ingredient you want.
- Tahini can be replaced by 2 to 3 tablespoons of oil (omit the water) or even make a simple dressing using just oil and salt.
- Serving Size: 1/2 of the recipe
- Calories: 201
- Sugar: 3.6 g
- Sodium: 524 mg
- Fat: 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 26.6 g
- Fiber: 8 g
- Protein: 9.4 g