- 1 pound mushrooms (450 g), sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups unsweetened plant milk of your choice (750 ml), we used almond milk
- 2 cups vegetable stock (500 ml)
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- The juice of a lemon
- Add the veggies (mushrooms, garlic and onion), milk and vegetable stock to a large pot and bring to a boil. Then cook over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes.
- Blend the soup with an immersion or a regular blender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (ginger, black pepper and lemon juice), stir and serve. We topped our soup with some sautéed mushrooms and chopped fresh parsley.
- Keep the vegan mushroom soup in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Any kind of mushrooms will do.
- We didn’t add salt, but it’s up to you. Tamari and soy sauce are also a great choice.
- Feel free to sauté the veggies in some oil before making the soup to make it even tastier, although it’s not necessary.
- Add your favorite spices, herbs and veggies.
- Water can be used instead of the milk and stock, but the soup won’t be as flavorful and creamy.
- Serving Size: 1/2 of the recipe
- Calories: 164
- Sugar: 10.3 g
- Sodium: 853 mg
- Fat: 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 21.6 g
- Fiber: 6.4 g
- Protein: 9.9 g