- 4 mushrooms
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 oz celery, finely chopped (15 g)
- 8 oz arborio or short grain rice (225 g)
- 1/4 cup white wine (65 ml)
- 4 cups vegetable broth (1 liter)
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast (30 g)
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- Fresh basil to taste, finely chopped
- Slice the mushrooms and cook them in a frying pan or a saucepan over medium high heat with one tablespoon of oil, and some salt and pepper to taste until golden brown. Set aside.
- Add another tablespoon of oil in the frying pan (or saucepan) and cook over medium high heat the onion and the celery until golden brown. Then add the rice and cook for a couple of minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the wine and cook until the liquid is absorbed.
- Add warmed vegetable broth, 1 cup or 250 ml at a time and stir frequently. When the broth is almost absorbed, add more broth until the rice is cooked, but al dente. It takes about 15 to 20 minutes. Add more broth if necessary.
- Remove from the heat, add the last tablespoon of oil, the nutritional yeast and stir. Let the risotto stand covered for at least 2 minutes.
- Finally, add the mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes and basil and serve. We add some ground black pepper on top sometimes.
- You can keep the risotto in a sealed container in the fridge for about 2 to 4 days.
* Recipe adapted from Jamie Oliver.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 367
- Sugar: 6.4 g
- Sodium: 176.7 mg
- Fat: 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 62.4 g
- Fiber: 10.1 g
- Protein: 21.7 g