- 8 ounces pasta (225 g), use gluten-free if needed
- 4 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 6 ounces mushrooms (170 g), sliced
- 1 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 4–6 tbsp water, see notes
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In the meanwhile, cook the garlic in a skillet with some water or oil over medium-high heat for a couple of minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the mushrooms and tamari or soy sauce and cook for another 5 minutes or until mushrooms golden brown. Add more water or oil if needed.
- Add the lemon juice, stir and cook 1 to 2 minutes to deglaze the pan.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain it and add it to the skillet, then add the tahini, water and pepper, stir and cook 2 to 3 minutes more or until the sauce thickens.
- Serve immediately with some fresh parsley on top (optional). Keep leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
- The amount of water may vary, depending on how thick is your tahini or how thick you want your sauce. Add 4 tbsp first, and then add more if needed. We used 6 tbsp.
- Use your favorite veggies and fresh or dried herbs.
- Tamari or soy sauce can be replaced by salt.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 270
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 274 mg
- Fat: 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 45.9 g
- Fiber: 6.2 g
- Protein: 10.3 g