- 4 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 4 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 4 tbsp unsweetened plant milk, I used soy milk
- 1 tbsp oil, I used canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp vegan chocolate chips (optional)
- Add all the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt) to a mug and mix until well combined.
- Incorporate all the remaining ingredients except the vegan chocolate chips and mix again.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix one more time.
- Cook in the microwave on high for 1-2 minutes, watching to make sure it doesn’t spill over.
- Serve your vegan mug cake immediately as a dessert, for breakfast, or as a snack with a cup of turmeric latte, golden milk, or matcha latte, or even with your avocado smoothie, vegan protein shake, or banana milk.
- Best when fresh, you can keep this vegan chocolate mug cake covered at room temperature for 1-2 days.
- Feel free to use any type of sugar and oil you want to make this vegan mug cake.
- Soy milk can be replaced with cashew milk, almond milk, rice milk, oat milk, coconut milk, or even hemp milk.
- Salt is optional, but it enhances the flavor of the vegan chocolate mug cake.
- If you can’t find vegan chocolate chips, omit this ingredient or use some chopped chocolate bark instead. This vegan mug cake recipe will be equally delicious!
- Serving Size: 1 vegan mug cake
- Calories: 265
- Sugar: 27.9 g
- Sodium: 168 mg
- Fat: 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 44.1 g
- Fiber: 2.7 g
- Protein: 3.9 g