- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews (150 g)
- 1/2 cup water (125 ml)
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- Soak cashews in hot water for at least 20 minutes or in warm water overnight.
- Drain and rinse the cashews and add them to a blender with the rest of the ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- You can serve it immediately, although I prefer to eat it cold.
- Keep the mayo in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Feel free to use any other type of vinegar.
- Add more or less water, depending on the consistency you’re looking for.
- Try the mayo before serving and add more salt or vinegar/lemon juice if needed.
- Serving Size: 1 tbsp
- Calories: 36
- Sugar: 0.3 g
- Sodium: 60 mg
- Fat: 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 2.1 g
- Fiber: 0.2 g
- Protein: 1 g