This vegan mayo is an oil-free version of our popular vegan mayonnaise recipe. It requires just 4 ingredients and a blender. It’s low in fat, so creamy and tastes amazing!
Our most popular recipe is our vegan mayonnaise. It tastes so good, but is high in fat, so it’s better to consume it in moderation. As I’m a mayo lover, I decided to make an oil-free version using cashews and water instead of oil and soy milk and it came out great. It’s low in fat, super creamy and perfect for any recipe that calls for mayo.
I also love this recipe because is made with a regular blender instead of an immersion blender and also because is much simpler and easier to make. With our vegan mayonnaise you had to have the ingredients at the same temperature and some of you couldn’t make it with a regular blender, so this recipe is perfect for you guys!
This mayo always works and please feel free to add your favorite herbs, spices or ingredients (yellow mustard is a great choice). Besides, you can also add more or less water, depending on the texture you’re looking for and also more or less vinegar/lemon juice or salt, it’s up to you!
LOOKING FOR MORE SAUCE RECIPES?
- Vegan mayonnaise
- 2-Minute healthy ketchup
- Fat-free vegan cheese sauce
- Oil-free vegan yogurt sauce
- Vegan Caesar salad dressing
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews (150 g)
- 1/2 cup water (125 ml)
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- Soak cashews in hot water for at least 20 minutes or in warm water overnight.
- Drain and rinse the cashews and add them to a blender with the rest of the ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- You can serve it immediately, although I prefer to eat it cold.
- Keep the mayo in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Feel free to use any other type of vinegar.
- Add more or less water, depending on the consistency you’re looking for.
- Try the mayo before serving and add more salt or vinegar/lemon juice if needed.
- Serving Size: 1 tbsp
- Calories: 36
- Sugar: 0.3 g
- Sodium: 60 mg
- Fat: 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 2.1 g
- Fiber: 0.2 g
- Protein: 1 g