7-ingredient vegan mashed sweet potatoes. They’re so tasty, smooth, creamy and ready in about 30 minutes. It’s the perfect side dish!
I really LOVE mashed potatoes, it’s one of my all-time favorite side dishes and I ate it a lot when I was a child. However, I’ve onlye eaten mashed sweet potatoes, maybe 2 or 3 times in my entire life and although I think it tastes great, I’ve never made it at home and I’m so happy with this recipe, it’s AMAZING!
This is comfort food, so delicious, simple and satiating, and is ready in about 30 minutes. Besides, it’s a great side dish. I prefer to eat it with some veggies (raw or steamed) and some plant-based protein like tofu or canned legumes. Mashed sweet potatoes are delightful hot or cold, so it’s a perfect food to include in your lunch box.
If you like our vegan mashed sweet potatoes, check out these sweet potato recipes: vegan sweet potato and black bean enchiladas, 5-ingredient sweet potato brownies, sweet potato coconut curry soup, sweet potato salad and low fat sweet potato chocolate pudding.
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
- Peal and dice the sweet potatoes and steam (or boil) them for about 20 to 25 minutes or until they’re soft.
- Add the steamed sweet potatoes to a large mixing bowl with the rest of the ingredients and mash. We used an immersion blender, but feel free to use a potato masher, a fork or even a regular blender.
- Top with some chopped walnuts and dried dill (optional) and serve.
- Keep the vegan mashed sweet potatoes in a sealed container in the fridge for about 4 to 5 days.
- Use any sweetener instead of the maple syrup or omit this ingredient.
- Add your favorite herbs and spices.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe (without the walnuts and the dried dill)
- Calories: 322
- Sugar: 7.9 g
- Sodium: 266 mg
- Fat: 1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 73.8 g
- Fiber: 10.7 g
- Protein: 6.4 g