4-Ingredient vegan mango lassi, a plant-based alternative to this popular yogurt-based drink from the Indian Subcontinent. It's so creamy and refreshing!
I had some extra soy yogurt in my fridge and didn't know what to do with it when lassi just came to my mind. I realized I haven't made a vegan version of this super delicious Indian beverage yet, so here it is. I also used some frozen mango chunks I had in my freezer (any other fresh or frozen fruit will do) and some dates (any natural sweetener is okay). Guys, this is really amazing, it's actually my new favorite drink!
Soy yogurt is the most easy to get plant-based yogurt, but there's so many other alternatives (store-bought or homemade) like coconut or cashew yogurt.
Lassi is also usually made with spices like ground cardamom, but we think it tastes better this way, so simple, but so delicious. If you add some spices, please let us know in the comments!
LOOKING FOR MORE DRINK RECIPES?
- Fruit infused water
- Glowing skin juice
- Non-alcoholic sangria
- Immune boosting ginger shots
- Vegan Baileys
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
Vegan Mango Lassi
- 1 cup unsweetened plant based yogurt, we used soy yogurt
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- ¼ cup unsweetend plant milk of your choice, we used soy milk
- 2 Medjool or 4 Deglet Nour dates, pitted (optional)
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately and top with your favorite ingredients (we added some sliced almonds and chopped pistachios). Best when fresh, you can keep the vegan mango lassi in a sealed container in the fridge for 1 or 2 days.
- Feel free to add some ice cubes if you want your lassi to be even more refreshing.
- Use any fruit (fresh or frozen) or any natural sweetener you have on hand.
- We prefer to use unsweetened yogurt and milk, but if you use them sweetened, omit the dates.
- Traditional lassi is made with spices like ground cardamom. We prefer our lassi this way, but it's up to you.
Susan Maroth says
Hello, I'm Susan from Budapest, Hungary. I've just made this recipee, added only a bit of lime and some coconut drink to have it more like a drink. It's simply awsome, thank you very much! I am going to make it like this from now on. 😊✌️🤗 Namaste!
Hi Susan! You're so welcome 🙂 So glad you liked it!
Amol Ghodke says
I try mango lassi before It tastes great now vegan mango lassi is next in my list. I will definitely try this one too.
Hi Amol! Hope you enjoy it!
Just had two glasses of it topped with cinnamon ! so perfect! loved it, perfect recipe! thanks!
Hi Tess! Great 🙂 I'm so glad you liked it!
Kate West says
Mmmm, so refreshing and simple! Perfect summer drink.
Hi Kate! Yes, it is! Thank YOU for making the recipe 🙂
Excellent .. very delicious and better yet not expensive. When I check a recipe, I also want to know if it is affordable and the ingredients are easily found ...
Hi Jana! So glad you liked it 😀
Hi Gina! You're so welcome 🙂