- 1 cup brown rice flour (140 g)
- 1 1/4 cup oat flour* (140 g)
- 1/2 cup cane sugar (100 g)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 3 flax eggs
- 1 cup coconut milk (250 ml)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (125 ml)
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- Vegan cashew frosting to taste (optional)
- We added some almonds, blueberries and more lemon zest on top (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF or 200ºC.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl (the brown rice flour, oat flour, sugar and baking soda).
- Make the flax eggs.
- Add the flax eggs, coconut milk, lemon juice and lemon zest to the bowl and mix until well combined.
- Grease the cake pan with some oil (coconut oil is my favorite one). If you use a non-stick pan, you can omit this step. We usually place a sheet of parchment paper on the bottom of the cake pan to avoid using oil. We used a 8 2/3 ” or 22 cm pan in diameter.
- Pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until it’s fully cooked.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool down completely.
- We added some vegan cashew frosting, almonds, blueberries and lemon zest on top.
* We usually blend rolled or instant oats in a blender.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of the recipe with no toppings
- Calories: 266
- Sugar: 13.2 g
- Sodium: 101.3 mg
- Fat: 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 41.6 g
- Fiber: 3.1 g
- Protein: 5.2 g