Vegan kale pesto gnocchi, made in 30 minutes with just 4 ingredients and our vegan kale pesto. It’s a super nutritious, easy to make, plant-based meal.
I’ve never cooked gnocchi at home, I’ve only eaten them, maybe 3 or 4 times at different Italian restaurants, that’s all. I’d like to make vegan gnocchi from scratch, but I preferred to use store-bought for the first time and I’m so happy with this recipe.
Some store-bought gnocchi are made with egg, or even cheese, so please check the ingredient list. Besides, they’re also made with wheat flour, so they’re not gluten-free. I think it’s almost impossible to find gf gnocchi, at least in my area, that’s why I’d love to make a gf version.
If you’ve never cooked gnocchi before, they’re super easy to make, just follow the package directions, but basically you only need to cook them in boiling water until they float to the top. They go well with pretty much any sauce that also goes well with pasta.
We bought vegan gnocchi at our local supermarket, they’re basically made of potatoes, flour and salt, but if you can’t find them, feel free to make this recipe using any type of pasta instead. If you want to save some time, just cook the gnocchi with the vegan kale pesto and omit the frozen peas and the shiitake mushrooms.
looking for more pesto recipes?
- Pesto pasta salad
- Vegan pesto risotto
- Vegan pesto hummus
- Roasted pesto potatoes
- Vegan pesto, hummus, avocado sandwich
did you make this vegan kale pesto gnocchi?
Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!Print
- 1 pound vegan gnocchi (450 g), see notes
- 1 cup frozen peas (140 g)
- 12 shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- 1 batch of vegan kale pesto
- 3 tbsp water
- Cook gnocchi and frozen peas according to package directions. Set aside.
- Heat some oil, water or vegetable stock in a skillet and cook the shiitake mushrooms over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add the cooked gnocchi and sautée for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Add more oil, water or vegetable stock if needed.
- Finally, add the cooked peas, vegan kale pesto and water, stir and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more. If the sauce is too thick, add more water.
- Serve immediately or keep leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for 4-5 days.
- Some gnocchi are made with eggs or cheese, so check the ingredient list.
- If you can’t find gnocchi or you can’t eat them as they’re not gluten-free, use any type of pasta (gf if needed) instead.
- Feel free to omit the peas or mushrooms or add any ingredients you want.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 476
- Sugar: 3.2 g
- Sodium: 636 mg
- Fat: 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 71.4 g
- Fiber: 6.5 g
- Protein: 10.6 g