Vegan kale Caesar salad, made with kale, chickpea croutons, oil-free vegan Caesar dressing and vegan Parmesan cheese. It’s gluten and oil-free!
Here you have the vegan kale Caesar salad recipe I told you about in my previous post! It’s so simple and easy to make, once you have the basic ingredients ready.
I usually have vegan Parmesan cheese at home to make all kinds of recipes. The cheese and the vegan Caesar dressing require less than 5 minutes each one. If you want to save some time, feel free to replace the chickpea croutons by some store-bought bread croutons or even use canned chickpeas instead, they won’t be crunchy, but your salad will be so delicious and nutritious as well.
Kale is a super popular veggie and I understand why. Leafy greens are crucial in a healthy diet, we should consume them every single day. Kale is a superfood with so many health benefits and packed with lots of nutrients, besides, it’s everywhere, so you can easily buy it at your local supermarket.
I usually eat it steamed with some tamari or soy sauce, garlic powder, nutritional yeast and tahini, but it’s a great choice to make salads, especially if you’re not going to eat it right away, because it won’t go soggy, despite others leafy greens.
looking for more salad recipes?
- Vegan Caesar salad
- Oil-free rainbow kale salad
- Vegan 7-layer salad
- Vegan potato salad
- Simple kale salad with turmeric tahini dressing
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
- Add the kale to a bowl and massage until it starts to soften (about 1 to 2 minutes).
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Serve immediately or keep leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for 2 to 3 days.
- Kale can be replaced by any leafy green. If you don’t use kale, omit the first step.
- If you want to save some time, use store-bought bread croutons or add some canned chickpeas (they won’t be crunchy though).
- If you consume oil, take a look at our vegan Caesar salad dressing, it’s also delicious.
- Prep time doesn’t include the time you need to prepare chickpea croutons, Caesar dressing and Parmesan cheese.
- Nutrition information is a rough estimate.
- Serving Size: 1/2 of the recipe
- Calories: 201
- Sugar: 3.5 g
- Sodium: 695 mg
- Fat: 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 26.5 g
- Fiber: 6.8 g
- Protein: 10.2 g