For the salad:
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 ounces lettuce of any kind (85 g), chopped
- 8 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup canned or cooked chickpeas (180 g)
- 1/4 cup black olives (50 g)
- 1/4 red onion (30 g), chopped
- Vegan parmesan cheese to taste (optional)
For the dressing:
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or 1 tbsp tahini + 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- We prefer to rehydrate the sun-dried tomatoes soaking them in hot water for about 20 minutes or until they’re soft, but feel free to use sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil.
- To make the dressing just mix all the ingredients in a bowl until well combined.
- Add all the salad ingredients and the dressing to a large mixing bowl and mix until well combined. Serve immediately.
- Keep leftovers separately (undressed) in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Use any leafy greens, veggies, legumes, vinegar (or even lemon juice) or sweetener you have on hand.
- Feel free to add some nutritional yeast instead of the vegan parmesan cheese.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe without the vegan parmesan cheese
- Calories: 212
- Sugar: 12 g
- Sodium: 599 mg
- Fat: 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 28.9 g
- Fiber: 6.6 g
- Protein: 5.8 g