This vegan Italian chopped salad is so delicious, fresh, satiating, nourishing and easy to make. It’s ready in 15 minutes and a super healthy side dish.
How was your week guys? We were very busy planning our trip to Asia. We bought a one way ticket to Singapore and don’t know when we’ll come back. Travelling is one of our passions and don’t want to wait more to visit new places. It’s going to be a challenge cooking and blogging on the road, but we’ll do our best!
I know it’s cold outside and soups and stews are so comforting, but don’t forget to include raw veggies into your diet. Salads are the perfect fast food, they’re so simple and also good for your body.
This is our vegan version of the popular Italian chopped salad, which is made with cheese and some kind of meat like salami or bacon. We used our vegan Parmesan cheese and sun-dried tomatoes instead.
Besides, this salad is so tasty, nourishing and simple, it’s ready in less than 15 minutes and the dressing is to die for, so you can use it in other salads or even other dishes (it’s so delicious with steamed potatoes or cooked quinoa).
LOOKING FOR MORE VEGAN SALAD RECIPES?
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
For the salad:
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 ounces lettuce of any kind (85 g), chopped
- 8 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup canned or cooked chickpeas (180 g)
- 1/4 cup black olives (50 g)
- 1/4 red onion (30 g), chopped
- Vegan parmesan cheese to taste (optional)
For the dressing:
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or 1 tbsp tahini + 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- We prefer to rehydrate the sun-dried tomatoes soaking them in hot water for about 20 minutes or until they’re soft, but feel free to use sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil.
- To make the dressing just mix all the ingredients in a bowl until well combined.
- Add all the salad ingredients and the dressing to a large mixing bowl and mix until well combined. Serve immediately.
- Keep leftovers separately (undressed) in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Use any leafy greens, veggies, legumes, vinegar (or even lemon juice) or sweetener you have on hand.
- Feel free to add some nutritional yeast instead of the vegan parmesan cheese.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe without the vegan parmesan cheese
- Calories: 212
- Sugar: 12 g
- Sodium: 599 mg
- Fat: 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 28.9 g
- Fiber: 6.6 g
- Protein: 5.8 g