It’s almost summer, yay! I’m craving fruit, smoothies, salads and refreshing drinks, like this vegan iced matcha latte.
I tried matcha last year in Berlin for the first time and it was love at first taste, but I’ve never made a matcha latte myself until last month because matcha green tea powder is quite expensive, although you need only one teaspoon for serving or even less and is a nutritious superfood. It’s a healthy alternative to coffee and is also so good for our health (boost memory and concentration, enhances calm, it’s high in antioxidants, detoxifies the body, etc.).
Add more or less water, milk or matcha green tea powder, depending on how thick and intense you want your iced matcha latte. I prefer my latte unsweetened, but feel free to add any sweetener you want (coconut sugar and maple syrup are my favorite ones).
If you like this vegan iced matcha latte, check out these refreshing drink recipes: fruit infused water, glowing skin smoothie, non alcoholic sangria, vegan Spanish leche merengada and creamy vanilla shake.
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
- 2 tsp matcha green tea powder
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 1/4 cup water at room temperature (65 ml)
- Ice cubes
- 3/4 cup soy milk (190 ml)
- Mix the matcha green tea powder with the 2 tablespoons of hot water in a bowl until well combined. We used a bamboo whisk, but feel free to use a fork, a spoon or any other whisk you have on hand.
- Add the 1/4 cup of water and whisk again until well combined.
- Place some ice cubes in a couple of glasses and add the soy milk.
- Finally, add the matcha mixture and stir. We used a milk frother to get a better texture, but it’s optional.
- Add your favorite sweetener if the latte is not sweet enough for you.
- Feel free to use any plant milk you want.
- Serving Size: 1/2 of the recipe
- Calories: 49
- Sugar: 3.6 g
- Sodium: 45.5 mg
- Fat: 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 5.7 g
- Fiber: 0.5 g
- Protein: 3 g