- Add all the ingredients to a saucepan and cook over medium heat until the chocolate is completely melted, stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately (I added coconut whipped cream and chopped chocolate on top) or keep it in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days.
- Use any kind of plant milk. It’s best to use unsweetened milk and add the sweetener to taste later, but if you want to use sweetened milk just add less sweetener or omit it.
- Change the chocolate chips for chopped chocolate if you don’t have any, but you may need to add more or less sugar instead.
- All kinds of sweeteners work for this vegan hot chocolate recipe. You can either omit it or add more or less of it depending on how sweet you like your chocolate.
- Vanilla extract is optional, but it gives the recipe a very good taste.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 180
- Sugar: 18.8 g
- Sodium: 85.9 mg
- Fat: 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 20.8 g
- Fiber: 2.3 g
- Protein: 2.5 g