Vegan Hasselback potatoes, a delicious vegan, gluten-free and oil-free side dish or appetizer, which is also so healthy and super easy to make.
Potatoes are one of my all-time favorite foods, so I always make a side dish using them for Christmas dinner. This year I’m going to prepare this one.
I had this recipe in my to-do list for a long time, but as the traditional one is pretty greasy (it’s made with butter, vegan butter or oil), I haven’t tried it before. One day I realized I could make an oil-free version using the sauce of our low-fat vegan garlic bread and OMG, it’s amazing!
It could look so fancy, but it’s a super simple recipe, trust me. You just need to make cuts across the width of each potato and blend the rest of the ingredients to make the sauce. Then pour the sauce into the potatoes and bake, that’s all! Besides, it’s a super healthy side dish and everybody is going to love it.
Alberto took a picture of the third step (when you have to make the cuts across the width of each potato) for you guys, hope it helps. Don’t forget to let us know if you make this recipe, we’re obsessed with it!
LOOKING FOR MORE POTATO RECIPES?
- Fat-free French fries
- Roasted pesto potatoes
- Fat-free patatas Bravas
- Vegan potato salad
- Vegan mashed potatoes
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 handful fresh parsley
- 4 potatoes (2 pounds or 900g)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF or 180ºC.
- To make the sauce, blend all the ingredients (except the potatoes) in a blender or food processor. Set aside.
- Wash the potatoes and don’t peel them. Make cuts across the width of each potato, 1/4 inch or 1/2 cm apart, all the way along. Slice about two-thirds of the way into the flesh. To make this process as simple as possible, place each potato on a cutting board between the handles of two wooden spoons (we only had one on hand, so we only used one spoon), so that when you slice down into the potato the spoons stop the knife from going all the way through.
- Place the potatoes in a baking dish, add the sauce and bake for 60-70 minutes or until they’re cooked.
- Top the vegan Hasselback potatoes with some chopped fresh parsley (optional) and serve. They’re also delicious with some vegan Parmesan cheese on top.
- Keep leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Any type of potatoes will do.
- Feel free to add more sea salt to the potatoes (we only added the sauce).
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 204
- Sugar: 2.7 g
- Sodium: 142 mg
- Fat: 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 37.6 g
- Fiber: 6.4 g
- Protein: 5.3 g