We're going to share with you some healthy vegan recipes during this week and today we have two recipes for you: these creepy and delicious vegan witch finger cookies and a super easy to make homemade raspberry jam.
The cookies are also gluten and oil-free, yay! They're made with our homemade almond butter, which is THE BOMB! The kids love this recipe and they can help you to make the cookies, they will be so happy!
Vegan Halloween Witch Finger Cookies + Homemade Raspberry Jam
These vegan witch finger cookies are also gluten and oil-free and are made with super healthy ingredients like homemade raspberry jam.PRINT PIN RATE
For the homemade raspberry jam:
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- ½ cup brown or coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon water
For the witch finger cookies
- 1 ½ cups almond flour or ground almonds
- 2 cups buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ½ cup agave or maple syrup
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 4 tablespoon almond butter
- Raspberry jam
- Sliced almonds
- First, we’re going to make the raspberry jam. Place all the ingredients in a saucepan and cook over medium-high heat for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the jam thickens. You can blend the jam with an immersion or a regular blender or just use a fork if you want. Transfer to a glass container and let it cool down.
- Now we’re going to make the witch finger cookies. Place the almond flour, buckwheat flour, ground cinnamon, agave syrup, almond milk and almond butter in a mixing bowl and mix with a spoon or a spatula. When it’s hard to combine all the ingredients, use your hands.
- Let stand the dough in the fridge for about 20 to 30 minutes, that way the cookies will be easier to make.
- Preheat the oven to 320ºF or 160ºC.
- Make the fingers using your hands. Press the tip of each finger, to create fingernails and make several horizontal, shallow cuts just under the finger nail, and then in the center of each finger, to represent knuckles.
- Bake the fingers for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let them cool down completely.
- Dip the bottom of each finger into the jam. Then, fill the finger nail space with some jam and place an almond on top.
- And our witch finger cookies are ready! Store them in a sealed container at room temperature. I recommend you to add the raspberry jam just before serving.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 102kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 0.3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 8mg | Potassium: 80mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 3IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 1mg
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment below or tag a picture #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook! Don’t forget to subscribe to our Youtube channel, thanks a lot!
I want to try thoes for Halloween! They look delicious, I have one question though, is it important to use buckwheat flour? Or can i use any other one?
Just discoverd your blog, and I love it, thank you for all the great and easy recipes 🙂
Hi! You can use any other flour you want 🙂 I'm so glad you like our blog. Have a nice day!
Ruthann Wheeler says
How long do you cook them?
Hi Ruthann! I'm so sorry, it was a mistake. Bake the fingers for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let them cool down completely. Have a beautiful day!
Is it my imagination or did you forget to actually cook the cookies?
Hi Steww! I'm so sorry, I baked them. but I forget to share with you this step. You just need to bake the fingers for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let them cool down completely. Have a nice day!
Excellent, thank you. They look delicious will be trying them and the mummy pizzas
Hi Steww! You're so welcome 🙂 Hope you like them!