- I prefer to use fresh pineapple to make this recipe, but canned is also okay. Fresh pineapple slices are bigger and take longer to cook than the canned ones. If you use fresh pineapple, you may want to remove the core if it’s really hard (I didn’t).
- Grill the pineapple slices until charred (no oil needed).
- Top each pineapple slice with vegan vanilla ice cream and drizzle with some homemade chocolate syrup. Top with coconut chips and serve immediately.
- Make your own ice cream and chocolate syrup or use store-bought. Other ice cream or syrup flavors are also okay.
- If you can’t find coconut chips, feel free to use shredded coconut or chopped nuts or seeds.
- As you can see in the pictures, I topped the pineapple slices with 3 ice cream scoops, but I usually add only 1. My vegan vanilla ice cream is a healthy alternative to regular store-bought ice cream, but it’s still high in fat.
- Nutritional info is calculated by using 1 slice of fresh pineapple, 1 vegan vanilla ice cream scoop, 1 tsp of homemade chocolate syrup and 1/2 tsp of coconut chips per serving.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 135
- Sugar: 16 g
- Sodium: 4 mg
- Fat: 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 21.5 g
- Fiber: 0.9 g
- Protein: 1.7 g