If you’re looking for a delicious and easy to make dessert, these vegan grilled pineapple sundaes are for you. Only 4 ingredients required!
These sundaes are out of this world. I’m so obsessed with them and I wish I would give them a try before. It’s a great combination: grilled pineapple, super creamy vanilla ice cream, homemade chocolate syrup and crunchy coconut chips, I’m already hungry!
What I like the most about this recipe is how simple it is, once you have all the ingredients. Feel free to use fresh or canned pineapple slices, although I prefer fresh pineapple as it’s healthier and also tastes better.
I always use store-bought coconut chips, but I make my own chocolate syrup with just 2 ingredients, in less than 2 minutes. Homemade vegan vanilla ice cream is best, super healthy and more affordable, but sometimes I use store-bought ice cream when I’m in a hurry and I don’t have time to make ice cream from scratch.
Don’t be afraid of using other ice cream or syrup flavors, but you should try this combo, it’s my favorite one and I’m sure you’re going to love it!
looking for more dessert recipes?
- Vegan soft serve ice cream
- How to make sorbet
- Tropical fruit salad
- Cinnamon baked apples
- Piña colada ice cream
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
- I prefer to use fresh pineapple to make this recipe, but canned is also okay. Fresh pineapple slices are bigger and take longer to cook than the canned ones. If you use fresh pineapple, you may want to remove the core if it’s really hard (I didn’t).
- Grill the pineapple slices until charred (no oil needed).
- Top each pineapple slice with vegan vanilla ice cream and drizzle with some homemade chocolate syrup. Top with coconut chips and serve immediately.
- Make your own ice cream and chocolate syrup or use store-bought. Other ice cream or syrup flavors are also okay.
- If you can’t find coconut chips, feel free to use shredded coconut or chopped nuts or seeds.
- As you can see in the pictures, I topped the pineapple slices with 3 ice cream scoops, but I usually add only 1. My vegan vanilla ice cream is a healthy alternative to regular store-bought ice cream, but it’s still high in fat.
- Nutritional info is calculated by using 1 slice of fresh pineapple, 1 vegan vanilla ice cream scoop, 1 tsp of homemade chocolate syrup and 1/2 tsp of coconut chips per serving.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 135
- Sugar: 16 g
- Sodium: 4 mg
- Fat: 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 21.5 g
- Fiber: 0.9 g
- Protein: 1.7 g