- 3/4 cup puffed brown rice (25 g)
- 1/4 cup raisins (40 g)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds (35 g)
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate (35 g), chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts (30 g), chopped
- Mix all the ingredients until well combined and keep the trail mix in a sealed container in the fridge or at room temperature for weeks or even months. If it’s hot, it’s better to keep it in the fridge to keep chocolate from melting.
- This trail mix is delicious just by itself, but we really like it with some yogurt, milk and fresh fruit, as a snack or even breakfast.
- Trail mix is usually made with nuts, seeds, carbs, dried fruits and something sweet. Feel free to use any ingredient you like or have on hand.
- If it’s really hot outside, you could use chocolate chips instead of dark chocolate to keep it from melting.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 113
- Sugar: 4.9 g
- Sodium: 2 mg
- Fat: 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.5 g
- Fiber: 1.5 g
- Protein: 3 g