Vegan gluten-free trail mix, made with just 5 ingredients in less than 5 minutes. It’s a delicious snack, so nutritious and convenient to eat on the go.
A trail mix is a type of snack mix, specifically a combination of nuts, seeds, carbs and sweets, developed as a food to be taken along on hikes. It’s so convenient, nutritious and a good source of energy.
We’ve used walnuts, pumpkin seeds, raisins, puffed brown rice and dark chocolate, but there are so many combinations out there and all of them are great. We usually add 3 parts of carbs and 1 part of the rest of the ingredients, but it depends on your taste and the diet you’re following.
Although this trail mix is delicious just by itself, we prefer to enjoy it with some plant-based yogurt, plant-based milk and fresh fruit, as a snack or even for breakfast.
Everybody can eat this amazing snack, but it’s perfect for children, athletes, students or anyone who wants a high-energy food. Just keep it in a sealed container and enjoy everywhere.
looking for more snack recipes?
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!Print
- 3/4 cup puffed brown rice (25 g)
- 1/4 cup raisins (40 g)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds (35 g)
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate (35 g), chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts (30 g), chopped
- Mix all the ingredients until well combined and keep the trail mix in a sealed container in the fridge or at room temperature for weeks or even months. If it’s hot, it’s better to keep it in the fridge to keep chocolate from melting.
- This trail mix is delicious just by itself, but we really like it with some yogurt, milk and fresh fruit, as a snack or even breakfast.
- Trail mix is usually made with nuts, seeds, carbs, dried fruits and something sweet. Feel free to use any ingredient you like or have on hand.
- If it’s really hot outside, you could use chocolate chips instead of dark chocolate to keep it from melting.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 113
- Sugar: 4.9 g
- Sodium: 2 mg
- Fat: 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.5 g
- Fiber: 1.5 g
- Protein: 3 g