We posted our low fat vegan mozzarella first, then our 3 ingredient gluten free pizza crust and finally we’re so excited to share this delicious pizza recipe with you guys. It’s homemade, vegan, gluten-free, low in fat and it’s made with vegan mozzarella. I think it’s the perfect pizza!
As I’m following a low-fat diet most of the time, I use tomato paste a lot, besides, it’s so convenient and tastes great. I use it to make pizzas, sauces and so many recipes.
We used to make our pizzas without any vegan cheese, we just added some tomato paste, veggies and baked the pizza. Finally, we added some nutritional yeast on top and sometimes chopped avocado as well. Once in a while, we used some store-bought cheese or even added our vegan cheese, but we missed mozzarella so much, so we’ve created a vegan alternative and we love it so much.
You can see some pictures of the process below: first the pizza crust after baking it for 5 minutes and then we added the tomato paste and the mozzarella, in the second picture you can see the pizza with the sliced mushrooms and the chopped red onion and last but not least, the pizza after removing it from the oven with the cherry tomatoes and the fresh basil on top.
This pizza crust is gluten-free, so don’t be afraid if it cracks a little bit, we’ve tried other recipes and it usually happens, besides, it’s the best recipe we’ve ever tried, is so simple and easy to make and we love it. Hope you like it as well!
- Feel free to use tomato sauce or any other sauce you like instead of the tomato paste.
- Add your favorite veggies, fresh or dried herbs or spices.
- If you don’t want to make the mozzarella or prefer a fat-free alternative, add some nutritional yeast after baking the pizza. You can also add our vegan cheese instead of the mozzarella or our parmesan vegan cheese (add it after baking the pizza as well).
- I add some chopped avocado on top sometimes, it makes the pizza tastes amazing!
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF or 200ºC.
- If you use our 3 ingredient gluten free pizza crust, you have to bake it 5 minutes before adding the ingredients. If you use a store-bought pizza crust, cook it according to package directions.
- Remove the crust from the oven, add the tomato paste, vegan mozzarella, mushrooms and red onion.
- Bake for another 5 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and add the tomatoes and the basil on top.
* Half of the recipe.
- Serving Size: 1/2 of the recipe
- Calories: 520
- Sugar: 11.4 g
- Sodium: 713.4 mg
- Fat: 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 104.7 g
- Fiber: 16.7 g
- Protein: 23.4 g