I have good news! You can enjoy delicious Christmas desserts and treats and be healthy, just choose the good ones. I prefer to eat homemade food because I know how it’s made and it’s also more affordable, especially in my country. You’re so lucky in the US, you have so many choices! ?
To make healthy cookies is extremely easy and they taste so good you won’t miss the unhealthy stuff. These gingerbread men are also gluten-free, so everybody can make them, yay! If you’re allergic to nuts, just use only flour, although maybe you’ll need to add more or less.
If you don’t have any Christmas cutter, use what you have on hand or just make cookies with your hands (if they’re thicker you’ll probably need to bake them longer).
We made two more sweet Christmas recipes, they’re from Spain and I hope you like them. We’ve been sooo busy making recipes for our new ebook, so we’re late with Christmas recipes, that’s why we’ll share the Christmas round-up tomorrow and these two recipes last week, this way you can find some last minute inspiration for your Christmas meals. We’ll include them in the round-up once we post them. ?
- You can use another nut instead of the almonds and other flours. Brown rice and buckwheat flour are pretty interchangeable, but other flours also will work. Don’t be afraid to use other ingredients! If the dough is too sticky, just add more flour and if it’s too dry, add more liquid.
- Feel free to use any other plant milk, non-refined oil or natural sweetener.
- If you don’t have a food processor, use a powerful blender instead.
PRODUCT I USED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE (AFFILIATE LINK):
Our new eBook Simple Vegan Meals, 30 healthy and affordable recipes in 30 minutes or less is finally on presale! The official launch of Simple Vegan Meals is on December 23, but if you buy it now, you’ll get it for almost 50% off the regular price. It’s the perfect Christmas gift! ?
Vegan Gluten Free Gingerbread Men
To make healthy cookies is extremely easy and they taste so good you won’t miss the unhealthy stuff. These gingerbread men are also gluten-free!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup raw almonds (160 g)
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 1/4 cup buckwheat flour (170 g)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (130 g)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (55 g)
- 1/4 cup almond milk (60 g)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (80 g)
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 355ºF or 180ºC.
- Place the almonds in a food processor and blend until a flour forms.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until well combined.
- Generously flour a work surface, as well as your hands and the rolling pin. Roll out the dough until 1/4-inch thick. Cut into shapes.
- Place all the gingerbread men onto a baking sheet with parchment paper and bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave a comment below or tag a picture #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!