- 1 cup oat flour (130 g)
- 1 cup buckwheat flour (120 g)
- 1/2 cup cane, coconut or brown sugar (100 g)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup coconut milk (240 g)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
For the glaze (optional):
- 8 tbsp agave syrup
- 4 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 390ºF or 200ºC.
- Use store-bought oat flour or grind oats using a powerful blender.
- Place the oat flour, buckwheat flour, sugar and baking soda in a mixing bowl and stir. Set aside.
- Blend the bananas, milk and vinegar in a blender and pour the mixture into the mixing bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Grease the donut pan with some oil (extra virgin olive oil and coconut oil are my favorite ones). I don’t do this, but it’s up to you.
- Fill each pan cavity approximately 3/4 full.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow the donuts to cool for at least 5 minutes before removing them from the donut pan. Then place on a wire rack to cool completely.
For the glaze:
- Mix the agave and cocoa powder in a bowl until well combined.
- Dip the donuts in glaze and top with your favorite toppings (we used shredded coconut and chopped walnuts).
- Serving Size: 1 donuts with no frosting
- Calories: 155
- Sugar: 11 g
- Sodium: 110.4 mg
- Fat: 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 26 g
- Fiber: 2.1 g
- Protein: 3.1 g