In the past 3 years, my diet has changed a lot. First of all, I started to eat more fruits and veggies, then I became a vegetarian, then a vegan and now I’m also trying to eat clean. I don’t eat gluten very often because it makes me feel bad and there are other delicious and nutritious cereals I prefer.
We already shared a vegan crepes recipe on the blog, it was one of our first recipes actually and is so popular, but these crepes are also gluten-free and much healthier. Besides, they taste even better! ?
Here are some fillings you can use: healthy nutella, fruits, veggies, natural sweeteners, applesauce, vegan cheese, peanut butter, etc. Apples are in season, so I made a super quick and easy filling, using only 3 ingredients: apples, maple syrup and cinnamon, it’s freaking awesome! I also added some frozen raspberries and extra maple syrup, so delicious!
- Use store-bought oatmeal flour or grind rolled oats in a blender or a grinder.
- You don’t have to use the same flours I used. Add them gently and add more or less if necessary.
- Any other plant milk, natural sweetener or nut butter will work. You can also use coconut oil instead the almond butter or other non refined oil.
- If you don’t like bananas or you can’t eat them, use about 1/2 cup applesauce (160 g) instead.
PRODUCT I USED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE (AFFILIATE LINK):
- 3/4 cup oat flour (80g)
- 3/4 cup buckwheat flour (100 g)
- 1 cup coconut milk (250 ml)
- 1 cup oat milk (250 ml)
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 banana
For the filling:
- 3 diced apples
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Some frozen raspberries
- Extra maple syrup
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Heat a non-stick skillet (or a lightly greased skillet) over medium heat. Pour about ¼ cup batter onto the pan, twirling the batter around to cover the whole bottom of the pan.
- Cook for about one minute or until the batter gets darker, loosen the edges with a butter knife and flip the crepe.
- Cook for about one minute more until brown the other side of the crepe.
For the filling:
- Place the apples, the 3 tbsp maple syrup and the cinnamon in a saucepan and cook for 15 minutes over medium-high heat. Stir occasionally.
- Serve the crepes with the apple filling, some frozen raspberries and extra maple syrup.
- Serving Size: 1/15 of the recipe
- Calories: 146
- Sugar: 12.7g
- Sodium: 11mg
- Fat: 5.3g
- Saturated Fat: 3.6g
- Carbohydrates: 24.5g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Protein: 2.6g
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave a comment below or tag a picture #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!