These vegan gluten free chocolate chip oatmeal cookies are so simple and easy to make, it’s the easiest cookie recipe you’ve ever seen, seriously, really easy!
I love to bake cookies, the kitchen smells so good and I can’t wait to eat them, they are calling my name and I have to listen to them, it’s not my fault!
The ingredients we’ve used are so easy to get and you can add any ingredient you want because this recipe never fails, so you can try new combinations.
We’ve used flax seed instead of eggs, but you can also use mashed bananas or applesauce. If you can’t get agave syrup or you don’t like it, you can use any syrup or molasses. You can also use chocolate instead of chocolate chips, although the chocolate probably will melt and your cookies won’t be as pretty as ours, but they will be still so delicious.
You can add dried fruits, nuts, seeds, spices or any ingredient you can think of. We love this recipe, but you can find your favorite one!
You can see the cookies before bake them in the photo below. You only have to scoop the dough (about 1.5 tablespoons each) onto baking sheet with baking paper. Press down on the dough mounds with your hands or a tablespoon to slightly flatten.
To make these cookies, you need oatmeal and rolled oats. You can make your own oatmeal, grounding oats with a grinder, a blender or a food processor.
I love this recipe because you can make these vegan gluten free chocolate chip oatmeal cookies in only 30 minutes with simple ingredients and you only need a bowl, a spoon, a blender, a baking sheet and an oven, nothing else. They are so much healthier than store bought, there are no additives or preservatives in these cookies, you’re gonna love them!
- 2 tablespoons flax seed + 6 tablespoons water
- 1 cup oat flour (120 grams)*
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats (150 grams)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup agave syrup (100 grams)
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven at 355 º F or 180 º C.
- Add the flax seeds and the water in a blender, blend and keep it aside.
- Place the oatmeal, rolled oats, ground cinnamon, mashed banana, agave syrup and the flax eggs (flax seeds + water) in a bowl and mix all the ingredients.
- Scoop the dough (about 1.5 tablespoons each) onto baking sheet with baking paper. Press down on the dough mounds with your hands or a tablespoon to slightly flatten.
- Add the chocolate chips and bake the cookies until golden brown (for about 15 or 20 minutes).
- Remove and let set for about 5 minutes on the pan. Then transfer the cookies to a cooling rack until they are cool.
* You can make your own oat flour, grounding oats with a grinder, a blender or a food processor.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 88
- Sugar: 5.3 g
- Fat: 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.7 g
- Fiber: 2.2 g
- Protein: 2.6 g