- 2 and 1/2 cups rolled oats (250 g), use gluten-free if needed
- 1 and 1/2 cups plant milk of your choice (375 ml), we used oat milk
- 1/4 cup maple or agave syrup (4 tbsp)
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries (80 g)
- Add the rolled oats to a food processor or blender and pulse until they are ground into a powder-like consistency.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except the blueberries) and pulse again until well combined.
- Transfer the batter into a large mixing bowl, add the blueberries and stir until well combined.
- Preheat the waffle maker according to manufacturer’s directions and add some oil if needed.
- Pour the batter into the waffle maker and cook according to manufacturer’s instructions until golden brown. Our waffles were ready in 7 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite toppings. We topped our waffles with extra blueberries and maple syrup.
- Keep leftover waffles in a sealed container in the fridge for about 3 days or in the freezer for 1 month.
- Recipe inspired by Deliciously Ella.
- If you don’t use all the batter right away, it will thicken. Add more milk and stir before using. Keep the batter covered in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- If you don’t have a waffle maker you can make pancakes with the batter. Follow our vegan gluten-free pancakes recipe if you don’t know how to make pancakes.
- Any sweetener is okay.
- Serving Size: 1 waffle of 5 (with no toppings)
- Calories: 205
- Sugar: 12.5 g
- Sodium: 34 mg
- Fat: 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 37 g
- Fiber: 4.7 g
- Protein: 4.9 g