- 10 oz firm tofu (275 g), cut into 6 slices
- 3 English muffins, sliced in half or 6 slices of bread, gluten-free if needed
- 1 batch of tempeh bacon
- Kala Namak salt to taste, see notes
- 1 batch of vegan hollandaise sauce
- Cook tofu in a skillet with some oil (optional) over medium-high heat for both sides until golden brown. Set aside.
- Toast the English muffins or the bread slices. I didn’t add any fat.
- Top each English muffin half or bread slice with 3-4 slices of tempeh bacon, 1 slice of tofu, add some Kala Namak salt to taste and finally add some vegan hollandaise sauce. Repeat with the rest of the English muffins or bread slices.
- I added some chopped chives on top for garnish, but it’s totally optional.
- Serve immediately or keep leftovers separately in sealed containers in the fridge for 4-5 days.
- I used rye bread as English muffins are hard to find in my area.
- Feel free to use my eggplant bacon if you’re looking for a lighter alternative. You could also use store-bought vegan bacon if you want to save some time.
- If you can’t find Kala Namak salt, use any other type of salt instead.
- Cooking time doesn’t include the time you need to make the tempeh bacon and the sauce.
- Add any fresh herb instead of the chives.
- The amount of sodium is not accurate as you discard part of the tempeh bacon marinade.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of the recipe
- Calories: 285
- Sugar: 3.9 g
- Sodium: 632 mg
- Fat: 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 24.4 g
- Fiber: 3.3 g
- Protein: 18.1 g