- 1 and 1/2 cups whole wheat flour (200 g)
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 and 1/2 to 2 cups soy milk (375-500 ml)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Add 1 and 1/2 cups of milk and if the batter is too thick, add more milk until you get the perfect consistency.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and lightly coat with oil if needed. Pour 3 tablespoons of the batter, twirling it around to cover the whole bottom of the skillet.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes until the batter gets darker. Loosen the edges with a butter knife and flip the crepe.
- Cook 1 minute more until brown the other side of the crepe. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Crepes can be stored for about 5 days in the fridge or up to 3 months in the freezer. Once cooled, stack them between layers of parchment paper and then keep them in a sealed container or a ziploc bag.
- Feel free to use other type of flour, sweetener or plant milk. Add more or less if needed.
- To make and oil-free recipe, just omit the oil or add some nut butter instead.
- Serving Size: 1 crepe (using 1 and 1/2 cups of soy milk)
- Calories: 67
- Sugar: 2.7 g
- Sodium: 12.5 mg
- Fat: 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.8 g
- Fiber: 1.3 g
- Protein: 2.2 g