- 1–2 tbsp vegan butter or oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 pound mushrooms (450 g), sliced
- 1/4 cup white wine (65 ml), optional
- 1 tbsp flour, gluten-free if needed
- 2 cups vegetable broth (500 ml)
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (125 ml)
- Heat the vegan butter or the oil in a pot and then add the onion and garlic. Stir and cook over medium-high heat for 1 or 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the mushrooms, stir and golden brown for 5 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Pour the white wine into the pot, stir frequently and cook over high heat for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Add the flour and cook for 2 minutes. Keep stirring.
- Pour the vegetable broth, thyme, salt and pepper, stir and shimmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and shimmer for 2 or 3 more minutes.
- You can blend the soup totally or partially, or even serve it without blending, depending on the texture you’re looking for.
- Serve immediately or keep the leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for 5-7 days. You can also freeze it so it lasts longer.
- You can use any type of mushrooms.
- Cooking with vegan butter or margarine gives the soup a better taste than oil does, although using any kind of oil is also a good option.
- You don’t need to use white wine, but it gives the soup a delicious taste. If you don’t like it, just omit this ingredient.
- Any type of flour will work.
- Serve with vegetable tempura, cauliflower rice or garlic bread.
- Serving Size: 1/3 of the recipe
- Calories: 208
- Sugar: 6.3 g
- Sodium: 810 mg
- Fat: 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 9.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 6.4 g