We’re back! We’ve been really busy cooking many recipes for our new ebook (pre-sale coming soon!), but here it is the first Christmas recipe we want to share with you. This vegan Christmas salad is unbelievable! It’s delicious, super easy to make and perfect for especial occasions. ?
Christmas is my second favorite time of the year (I love summer sooooo much!!!) and I like to make and enjoy delicious meals with my loved ones, but Christmas is not only about food and as we only have one body we need to take care of ourselves.
It’s okay to eat some especial treats, but you don’t have to stuff your face with unhealthy foods to enjoy the holidays, there are so many healthy and tasty recipes you can make! Start your Christmas meal with a healthy salad, that way you’ll nourish your body with good food and you’ll make better choices.
We’re going to share another 6 Christmas recipes more and a vegan Christmas recipe round-up with other recipes that are always published on the blog. Hope you like them! ?
- If you don’t like sweet dressings, omit the maple syrup.
- Feel free to add extra virgin olive oil or tahini if you prefer a creamier salad dressing.
- Add your favorite ingredients or use your favorite dressing, salads always taste good!
PRODUCT I USED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE (AFFILIATE LINK):
- 6 handfuls of leafy greens (I used 4 handfuls of lollo rosso lettuce and 2 handfuls of curly endives)
- 1/2 pomegranate
- 1 diced red apple
- 2 chopped tangerines
- 1/2 julienned red onion
- 8 chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (60 g)
For the salad dressing:
- 4 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Place all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- To make the salad dressing you just need to blend all the ingredients in a blender. You can also mix them in a bowl, using a knife, but I prefer to blend them.
- Serve the salad with the dressing. Add the dressing just before eating the salad or the leafy greens will go soggy.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave a comment below or tag a picture #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!