When you try this chorizo queso dip for the first time, you can’t believe it’s vegan, but yes, it is! I always ordered it at one of my favorite restaurants when I wasn’t vegan, but this version is even better because it tastes so good, is much healthier and also cruelty-free.
This vegan cheese is one of our most popular recipes, it’s made with potatoes and carrots and is ready in less than 30 minutes. I bought the chorizo, but there are so many delicious recipes you can make, some homemade recipes are made with gluten, like this chorizo, but there are also gluten-free chorizos made with soy. I also used it to make this vegan Mexican style potatoes with chorizo recipe.
This vegan chorizo is low in fat, that’s why I chopped it and cooked it in a pan with a little bit of extra virgin olive oil until golden brown. If your chorizo has more fat, you’ll probably need to add less oil or even you won’t need to add any. If you can’t find vegan chorizo, you can also use vegan sausages, tofu, tempeh, seitan or just veggies.
Pour the vegan cheese in a bowl, add half of the chorizo and stir with a spoon.
Add the sour cream (2 or 3 tablespoons) and stir again. You can add vegan mayonnaise instead of the sour cream.
Finally, add the red onion, the rest of the chorizo and finely chopped chives (optional). Serve the chorizo queso with tortilla chips or crudités.
This recipe has less fat and cholesterol than any other chorizo queso you’ve ever tried and is vegan! People can’t notice the difference, I promise!
You can make this vegan chorizo queso dip for a special meal, everyone will love it! Add your favorite veggies and enjoy this amazing appetizer.
- Make the vegan cheese following this recipe.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and cook the chopped chorizo until golden brown.
- Make the sour cream following this recipe. Add 1 tablespoon of lime or lemon juice to make the sauce less thick (optional).
- Pour the vegan cheese in a bowl, add half of the chorizo and stir with a spoon.
- Add the sour cream and stir again. Add the rest of the chorizo, onion and chives.
- Serve with tortilla chips or crudités.