For the tacos:
- 1 pound white potatoes (450 g), peeled and cubed
- 1 batch of vegan tofu chorizo
- 4 flour or corn tortillas
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 1 handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- Easy guacamole dip to taste
- Lime juice to taste
- Steam (or boil) potatoes for about 20 minutes or until soft.
- Add the vegan tofu chorizo and the steamed potatoes to a skillet, stir and cook over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, and then set aside. Feel free to add some extra virgin olive oil to make the mixture even tastier, although it’s not necessary.
- Heat the tortillas according to package directions.
- Fill the tortillas with the chorizo and potato mixture and add your favorite toppings. I added red onion, fresh cilantro, my easy guacamole dip and some lime juice.
- Serve immediately. You can keep the chorizo and potato mixture in a sealed container in the fridge for 4 to 5 days.
- Any kind of potatoes will do.
- If you want to save some time, feel free to use store-bought vegan chorizo.
- Prep and cook time don’t include the time you need to prepare and cook the chorizo.
- Nutrition information doesn’t include any topping.
- Serving Size: 1 taco
- Calories: 312
- Sugar: 3.9 g
- Sodium: 670 mg
- Fat: 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 47.6 g
- Fiber: 5.9 g
- Protein: 12.9 g