Vegan chorizo and potato tacos, made with potatoes, homemade vegan tofu chorizo and tortillas. Add your favorite toppings and enjoy this delicious meal!
These tacos are out of this world! Everybody loves them because they’re so tasty and filling, and they only require my vegan tofu chorizo, steamed potatoes and tortillas, that’s it! Then add your favorite toppings and you’re ready to go. I added red onion, fresh cilantro, lime juice and my easy guacamole dip.
If you want to save some time, please feel free to use store-bought vegan chorizo, but I prefer to make it at home because it’s so easy and much healthier. Besides, I can adjust the ingredients and add more or less salt, paprika, etc.
Finding good quality corn tortillas in Spain is almost impossible, so I used flour tortillas. In addition, I think they taste better and are more flexible, but corn tortillas are also okay, and a great gluten-free alternative.
I also prefer to buy them because it’s more convenient, but take a look at my tortillas recipe if you want to make them at home. You can also omit the tortillas and serve the chorizo and potato mixture in a dish with any toppings your heart desires. It will be delicious as well!
looking for more mexican-style recipes?
- 15-Minute simple vegan tacos
- Vegan breakfast tacos
- Vegan breakfast burritos
- Sweet potato & black bean enchiladas
- Mexican-style tomato soup
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
For the tacos:
- 1 pound white potatoes (450 g), peeled and cubed
- 1 batch of vegan tofu chorizo
- 4 flour or corn tortillas
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 1 handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- Easy guacamole dip to taste
- Lime juice to taste
- Steam (or boil) potatoes for about 20 minutes or until soft.
- Add the vegan tofu chorizo and the steamed potatoes to a skillet, stir and cook over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, and then set aside. Feel free to add some extra virgin olive oil to make the mixture even tastier, although it’s not necessary.
- Heat the tortillas according to package directions.
- Fill the tortillas with the chorizo and potato mixture and add your favorite toppings. I added red onion, fresh cilantro, my easy guacamole dip and some lime juice.
- Serve immediately. You can keep the chorizo and potato mixture in a sealed container in the fridge for 4 to 5 days.
- Any kind of potatoes will do.
- If you want to save some time, feel free to use store-bought vegan chorizo.
- Prep and cook time don’t include the time you need to prepare and cook the chorizo.
- Nutrition information doesn’t include any topping.
- Serving Size: 1 taco
- Calories: 312
- Sugar: 3.9 g
- Sodium: 670 mg
- Fat: 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 47.6 g
- Fiber: 5.9 g
- Protein: 12.9 g