- 9 ounces dark chocolate (250 g), chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2/3 cup unsalted raw hazelnuts (40 g)
- Place the dark chocolate and the oil in a saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the chocolate melts.
- Remove from the heat, add the hazelnuts and stir until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a lined rectangle pan (see notes).
- Let it cool down at room temperature, chop and serve.
- Keep the vegan chocolate turron covered at room temperature. If it’s too hot and the turron starts to melt, keep it in the fridge.
- We used couverture dark chocolate, but any chocolate will do.
- Feel free to use any nuts or seeds, raw or roasted or any ingredients you like.
- Any oil is okay, but avoid the refined ones and extra virgin olive oil as it has a really strong taste.
- We used a 8x19x2 cm rectangle pan (about 3x8x1 inches), but any pan will do. You can also reuse a leftover brick.
- Serving Size: 1/16
- Calories: 120
- Sugar: 6.8 g
- Fat: 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.3 g
- Fiber: 1.4 g
- Protein: 0.9 g