Truffles are a traditional Christmas sweet recipe here in Spain, I don't know if they're also eaten at this time of the year in other countries, but I love them and could eat them all year long. They're ready in 15 minutes or even less and are a super healthy treat or snack.
We've rolled the truffles in some cocoa powder, but we also use shredded coconut sometimes, yum! The coating is optional, but they will be less sticky, more beautiful and taste better as well.
If you want to make a delicious diy gift for the holidays, this recipe is for you! Truffles are so pretty and there's nothing like making food for your loved ones.
- We like to use Medjool dates because they're so sticky, but if you can't find them, use any other type of dates and soak them overnight. If they're not sticky enough, add some agave or maple syrup or coconut oil to get the perfect consistency.
- Feel free to use raw or roasted almonds and make your own almond meal with a food processor or a powerful blender. Any other nuts or seeds are okay.
- If you prefer your truffles super sweet, remove the orange zest.
Vegan Chocolate Orange Truffles
These vegan chocolate orange truffles are ready in 15 minutes or even less and are a super healthy treat or snack.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 16 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Vegan
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted (200 g)
- ½ cup almond meal (50 g)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder + extra cocoa powder for rolling the balls in
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- Zest of 1 orange
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor or a powerful blender and blend until well combined.
- Make balls with your hands. We made 16 truffles.
- Finally, roll the truffles in some cocoa powder. This step is optional.
- You can store them in a sealed container in the fridge for about 2 weeks or freeze them for months.
- Serving Size: 1 truffle
- Calories: 58
- Sugar: 8.6 g
- Sodium: 0.3 mg
- Fat: 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 10.6 g
- Fiber: 1.5 g
- Protein: 1.2 g
Keywords: vegan chocolate orange truffles, orange chocolate ball, vegan chocolate truffles