Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream
This vegan chocolate ice cream tastes SO GOOD, like real ice cream. It's so creamy, healthy and is made with just 4 natural ingredients.
- Author: Simple Vegan Blog
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Vegan, Italian
- 1 14-ounce can full fat coconut milk (400 ml)
- 1/2 cup agave syrup (160 g)
- 1 1/2 cup raw unsalted cashews (200 g)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (4 tbsp)
- Soak the cashews for at least 4 hours. I prefer to soak them longer, maybe 6 or 8 hours or even overnight.
- Drain and rinse the cashews.
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender until smooth. Chill this mixture in the fridge for at least 4 hours, better overnight.
- We used an ice cream maker to make this recipe. You need to place the ice cream churning bowl in the freezer the night before and the next day just add the mixture to the ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer’s instructions (our ice cream was ready in 30 minutes).
- You can eat the ice cream immediately or store it in a sealed container in the freezer for 1 or 2 weeks.
- Recipe adapted from Minimalist Baker.
- Feel free to add any other sweetener.
- If you’re not using an ice cream maker, place the container with the chilled mixture in the freezer until firm. Check the mixture every 30 minutes. When it starts to freeze near the edges, remove it from the freezer and stir it vigorously with a spatula or a whisk. Return to freezer. Repeat this step for at least 2 or 3 hours.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of the recipe
- Calories: 294
- Sugar: 10.9 g
- Sodium: 11.1 g
- Fat: 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 12.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 21.2 g
- Fiber: 1.9 g
- Protein: 6.2 g
Keywords: vegan chocolate ice cream, vegan ice cream, how to make vegan ice cream