Going vegan was one of the best choices I’ve ever made, but I missed ice cream so much, until I tried this amazing recipe. It’s hard to find vegan ice cream here in Spain, there are only a few flavors and they’re not as good as regular ice cream, that’s why I decided to buy an ice cream maker.
This is the best vegan ice cream I’ve ever tried, it tastes SO GOOD, like real ice cream. It’s so creamy, healthy and is made with just 4 natural ingredients. I’ve only made chocolate ice cream, but I’m sure you can omit the cocoa powder and add any ingredient you like.
You can see the ice cream mixture in the blender and then the mixture that I chilled overnight in the pictures below. Hope you try this recipe and like it as much as we do!
If you like this vegan chocolate ice cream, check out these recipes: 2-ingredient banana chocolate ice cream, one-ingredient banana ice cream, piña colada ice cream, chocolate covered almond popsicles and 2-ingredient mango coconut popsicles.
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
- 1 15-ounce can full fat coconut milk (400 ml)
- 1/2 cup agave syrup (160 g)
- 1 1/2 cup raw unsalted cashews (200 g)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (4 tbsp)
- Soak the cashews for at least 4 hours. I prefer to soak them longer, maybe 6 or 8 hours or even overnight.
- Drain and rinse the cashews.
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender until smooth. Chill this mixture in the fridge for at least 4 hours, better overnight.
- We used an ice cream maker to make this recipe. You need to place the ice cream churning bowl in the freezer the night before and the next day just add the mixture to the ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer’s instructions (our ice cream was ready in 30 minutes).
- You can eat the ice cream immediately or store it in a sealed container in the freezer for 1 or 2 weeks.
- Recipe adapted from Minimalist Baker.
- Feel free to add any other sweetener.
- If you’re not using an ice cream maker, place the container with the chilled mixture in the freezer. Check the mixture every 30 minutes. When it starts to freeze near the edges, remove it from the freezer and stir it vigorously with a spatula or a whisk. Return to freezer. Repeat this step for at least 2 or 3 hours.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of the recipe
- Calories: 294
- Sugar: 10.9 g
- Sodium: 11.1 g
- Fat: 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 12.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 21.2 g
- Fiber: 1.9 g
- Protein: 6.2 g