I don’t know why I haven’t tried this recipe before, I think I was afraid because traditional macaroons are not easy to make and so time consuming, but this version is vegan, healthier and so simple.
These macaroons don’t taste like the non-vegan macaroons because we’ve used different ingredients, but they’re really delicious, ready in less than 30 minutes and my new obsession.
They’re also the perfect dessert or snack and made with just 5 ingredients, which are so natural and good for your body. I’m in love with this recipe!
You can see the batter in the picture below and the macaroons just before baking in the next one. Hope you find them useful and give these macaroons a try.
- You can use almond flour, almond meal or even making your own, just grinding some almonds.
- Use maple syrup or any liquid sweetened instead of the agave syrup.
- Feel free to use any plant milk you want.
- 1 cup shredded coconut (100 g)
- 1/2 cup almond flour (50 g)
- 1/4 cup agave syrup (80 g)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF or 180ºC.
- Mix all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl until well combined.
- We use a cookie scoop to make our macaroons. Just scoop out the filling, firmly pack with your fingers and use the loosening device to slide it out. You can also use your hands.
- Place the macaroons onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Keep them in a sealed container at room temperature for several days.
- Serving Size: 1 macaroon
- Calories: 121
- Sugar: 5.1 g
- Sodium: 6.5 mg
- Fat: 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.8 g
- Fiber: 2.7 g
- Protein: 2.3 g