- 2 and 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (375 g)
- 1 cup brown, cane or coconut sugar (180 g)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt (optional)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plant milk of your choice (125 ml), I used soy milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (65 ml), melted
- 2 flax eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips (130 g)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF or 180ºC.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl (flour, sugar, baking soda and salt).
- Add the liquid ingredients to the large mixing bowl (milk, oil, flax eggs and vanilla extract) and stir until well combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir until they’re evenly incorporated. Refrigerate the dough for about 30 minutes.
- Now it’s time to make your cookies! I used a cookie scoop, but feel free to use a regular spoon or even your hands. Fill the scoop with dough and just press and release onto a lined baking sheet. Press down slightly to flatten.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until the cookies are golden at the edges, but still a little underdone in the center.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies rest on the hot baking sheet for at least 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack or a serving plate.
- Keep leftovers in a sealed container at room temperature for 5-7 days or in the freezer for a month.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 132
- Sugar: 7.6 g
- Sodium: 53 mg
- Fat: 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 22.1 g
- Fiber: 2.1 g
- Protein: 2.6 g