- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 9 oz vegan chicken pieces, gluten-free if needed (255 g), see notes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cups vegetable stock (1 liter)
- 4 oz vegan noodles, gluten-free if needed (115 g), I used brown rice fusilli
- Heat the oil in a large pot. If you don’t eat oil, use some extra vegetable stock or some water instead.
- Add the veggies (carrot, celery, onion and garlic) and the vegan chicken pieces and cook over medium-high heat until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except the pasta), stir and bring to a boil. Then add the pasta and cook over medium-high heat for 10 minutes or until the pasta is cooked.
- Remove from the heat, discard the basil leaves and serve immediately. I added some chopped fresh parsley on top, but it’s optional.
- Keep leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for 5-7 days.
- Beyond Meat Grilled Chicken Strips are a good choice, but feel free to use the brand you have on hand. You’ll find more alternatives above the recipe box (just read the “vegan chicken noodle soup ingredients” section).
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 235.6
- Sugar: 2.9 g
- Sodium: 589.8 mg
- Fat: 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 30 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 14.4 g