- 2 cups peeled potatoes (360 g)
- 1 cup peeled carrots (135 g)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (70 g)
- 1/2 cup water (125 ml)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Dash of cayenne powder (optional)
- Chop the potatoes and the carrots and boil or steam them for 20 to 30 minutes or until soft.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve with tortilla chips or use the vegan cheese to make mac and cheese, pizza or any other recipe that calls for cheese.
- Store the vegan cheese in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- To make an oil-free version of this recipe, add water instead of the oil. You can also add some tahini or any other healthy fat.
- If you can’t find nutritional yeast, use debittered brewer’s yeast, or even regular or gluten-free beer instead of the water.
- Recipe adapted from Veggie on a Penny.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of the recipe
- Calories: 215
- Sugar: 2.7 g
- Sodium: 293.7 mg
- Fat: 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 17.8 g
- Fiber: 7.1 g
- Protein: 11.9 g