- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- 3 onions, julienned
- 1 tbsp brown, cane or coconut sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup white wine (65 ml), (optional)
- 8 oz vegan cream cheese (225 g), softened at room temperature
- 1 cup vegan sour cream (250 ml)
- 1 tsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a skillet. If you don’t eat oil, just use some water or vegetable stock instead.
- Add the onions, sugar, salt and white wine, and cook over high heat until the wine is absorbed, stirring frequently.
- Reduce to medium heat and cook over 15 minutes or until the onions are golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cream cheese, stir and cook until is melted.
- Finally, add the sour cream, tamari and pepper, stir until well mixed and cook for 3-5 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Serve immediately with toasted bread slices, crackers, crudités, tortilla chips, etc. Keep leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of the recipe
- Calories: 200
- Sugar: 5.8 g
- Sodium: 213 mg
- Fat: 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 17.2 g
- Fiber: 1.9 g
- Protein: 4.3 g