- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 large butternut squash (about 3 pounds or 1,360 g), peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 4 cups vegetable stock (960 ml)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- Add the oil to a large pot and when it’s hot, add the garlic, onion, and celery, and cook over medium-high heat until soft (about 5 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Incorporate the carrots and butternut squash and cook over medium-high heat until they begin to soften (about 5 to 10 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, stir until well combined, bring to a boil, and simmer until the veggies are tender (about 10 minutes).
- Transfer to a regular blender and blend until smooth. If you’d like to thin out your soup a bit more, add more vegetable stock and blend again.
- Serve your vegan butternut squash soup immediately with dishes like vegan turkey, vegan meatloaf, vegan chicken, vegan steak, or vegan sausage.
- Keep the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Any type of oil or onions will do.
- Feel free to customize your butternut squash soup recipe with your favorite veggies, spices, or herbs.
- To make this vegan butternut squash soup you can also use water instead of vegetable stock, although vegetable stock is the best choice because it enhances the flavor of this dish.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of the recipe
- Calories: 198
- Sugar: 7.2 g
- Sodium: 864 mg
- Fat: 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 21.3 g
- Fiber: 8.3 g
- Protein: 3 g