- 1 1/2 cups peeled and diced butternut squash (200 g)
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk (500 ml)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (125 ml)
- 4 tbsp brown or coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 390ºF or 200ºC.
- Place the butternut squash in a baking dish and bake for about 20 minutes or until it’s cooked.
- Then place the squash in a blender. Add 1 and ½ cups or 375 ml of almond milk, the coconut milk, sugar and cinnamon.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan and cook over high heat.
- In the meanwhile, mix the rest of the almond milk and the cornstarch in a bowl until well combined.
- Pour this mixture into the saucepan, stir and cook over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes or until thickens. Stir occasionally.
- Serve the natillas into 4 bowls and let them cool down at room temperature. Then keep in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- We also added some ground cinnamon on top.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 213
- Sugar: 10.9g
- Sodium: 178mg
- Fat: 11.6g
- Saturated Fat: 6.4g
- Carbohydrates: 26.1g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Protein: 2.5g