- 1/2 cup unsweetened milk of your choice (125 ml), I used soy milk
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 and 1/4 cups coconut oil (315 ml), melted, see notes
- 1/4 cup neutral oil (65 ml), I used sunflower oil, see notes
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Mix the milk and the lemon juice in a bowl. Stir and allow to sit for a minute or so. It will thicken and curdle. You can also mix them in the blender jar if you want.
- Add the mixture and all the remaining ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a container and refrigerate until set.
- Keep it in the fridge for 2-3 weeks, or even longer. Remove from the fridge to soften for a few minutes if you want your butter soft. It’s freezable and will last about 3 months in your freezer.
- Deodorized and refined coconut oil work best for this recipe as they have a neutral taste. Extra virgin coconut oil has a strong flavor, but it’s also a choice.
- I used sunflower oil because it’s available at my local supermarket, but any other neutral flavor oil is okay, like canola oil for example. You could also use extra virgin olive oil or any other type of oil instead (not coconut oil), though.
- Recipe inspired by Fork and Beans and Loving it Vegan.
- Serving Size: 1 tbsp
- Calories: 90
- Sodium: 55 mg
- Fat: 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 7.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 0.1 g
- Protein: 0.2 g